“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast” – This famous line said by the Red Queen in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland just popped into my head. Okay the line was said by a character created by a guy who was crazy about opium, but the line is famous for a reason. Many of us believe in impossible things all the time. To me impossible just means not proven or achieved yet. Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence.
Here are my six so-called “impossible” things I imagine to be possible:
- Global peace is conceivable, feasible and workable
- Life is abundant, albeit scattered, throughout the universe
- Animals have emotions and they have souls
- The Earth is her own living being
- Music is medicine for the soul and can save lives
- Everything has a signature, which remains long after it is gone from the physical world