I was a little distracted last week on account of another round of the flu and as a result I didn’t read what I was supposed to and skipped a couple of writing projects. This is a momentary lapse rather than stagnancy. I did learn that a writer needs to take a break once in a while and that I have the potential to become a workaholic. I learned that a writer needs to sit down and read a novel without agenda, watch a TV program without allowing the mind to flit about in spirals, take walks with loved ones and create things other than prose – like pepperoni and sausage soup, which my husband loved. Of all the things I proud of creating last week, that is my number one – that suggested to me that I needed to pause. I learned that when I find myself dragging my heals into the study I need to take a step back and breathe.
Week beginning 6 July, 2009. This weeks writing theme: storytellers
- Write about storytellers
- Read the power of place – half read
- Write about readers
- Work on Diary of magnificent things
- Anatomy of prose – this is not going to happen. I just can’t get into it and ended up deleting half of it.
- Bigfoot hoaxers as storytellers
- Post two writing prompts
- Read Sync – requires more concentration than I had available this week
- Work on novel checklist
- Readers journal – it’s not going anywhere